Nuance OmniPage Ultimate Delivers Document Accuracy and Simplicity to Businesses
Solution Delivers Powerful and Innovative Productivity Tools for Scanning, Converting and Delivering Content in the Right Format for the Right Application
BURLINGTON, Mass., – April 29, 2013 – Nuance Communications, Inc., a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today introduced OmniPage® Ultimate, the new release of the world’s leading document conversion and scanning solution for Microsoft® Windows®. OmniPage Ultimate brings accuracy and simplicity to business by converting paper, PDF documents and digital camera images into files users can edit, search and share. In addition, users can now easily convert paper files into natural sounding audio files that can be listened to in the home or office, or while on the go.
OmniPage Ultimate delivers significant new benefits that address the dynamic needs of today’s businesses, including:
- Better utilize scanning devices and IT networks with OmniPage DocuDirect TM for scanning, conversion and automated document delivery
- Take documents on the go with Nuance’s advanced speech technology to convert documents to files that are read aloud to users via desktop and mobile devices
- Convert documents stored in leading cloud services for anywhere, anytime information access
- New file formatting for reading documents on smartphones and tablets with eBook applications that support the ePUB format
- Faster and easier conversions through a new tablet-like interface called the OmniPage Launchpad
“OmniPage Ultimate offers unparalleled productivity in how it transforms documents quickly and accurately, and then shares them in the most efficient format for any task,” said Michael Rich, General Manager and Senior Vice President of the Nuance Document Imaging Division. “With business and personal technology becoming more integrated and demand for accessibility always increasing, there has never been a greater need to transform documents into new, dynamic formats without losing vital information.”
Key New Features of OmniPage Ultimate:
- Scanning and routing for any business environment. OmniPage DocuDirect is the foremost low-cost solution for occasional document scanning, conversion and document routing for small businesses or workgroups that share a scanning device.
- Accurate document and photo conversion. Featuring an enhanced OCR engine, OmniPage delivers the fastest, most precise way to convert paper, PDF files and images into nearly any file type such as Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® 2007, PDF, HTML, Corel® WordPerfect®, or MP3 audio files that can be listened to with mobile devices. Nuance extends its leadership in optical character recognition technology (OCR) with a 25 percent increase in character accuracy for conversion of digital camera images.
- Easy to use. OmniPage loads in less than one second with LaunchPad, a user-friendly, tablet-like interface, which means users can use it to quickly convert any kind of document and send to any destination by clicking on tiled action buttons.
- Ideal for small businesses. OmniPage Ultimate removes complexity from digitizing and sharing documents, is universally compatible with any scanner, and offers the best tools to customize any document workflow processes. In addition, with OmniPage’s DocuDirect feature, users with low-volume scanning devices, including digital copiers and multifunction printers (MFPs) can automatically send converted files to pre-programmed destinations or on-demand to anyone, anywhere including mobile devices.
- Innovative text to speech. OmniPage is integrated with Nuance’s most sophisticated speech output technology to allow users to comfortably listen to any document being read aloud through an Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, Android or other mobile device that supports MP3 audio files.
- Portable documents for mobile devices. OmniPage Ultimate now supports the popular ePub format that is compatible with popular eBook readers. Users can quickly convert documents and take them anywhere to be read with eBook applications on the iPad, Android tablets, Microsoft Surface, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Tablet, Sony Reader PRS-350/PRS-650/PRS-950, Kobo eReader, Kobo Touch and Kobo Arc.
- Flexibility with cloud and SharePoint. Convert documents stored in Windows Live SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, Evernote, Box, Dropbox, and many more when integrated with Nuance Cloud Connector. OmniPage connects with Microsoft SharePoint and DMS, and features new support for Open Text Hummingbird Connector, and Autonomy-Interwoven iManage Connector.
- Increased productivity. Converted documents look like the original – complete with columns, tables, bullets and graphics – and are simple to edit. The new release helps users save time by creating searchable PDFs, converting paper forms to fillable forms, and exporting data to spreadsheet-compliant or database-compliant format.
- Better organization. OmniPage Ultimate includes PaperPort Professional 14, desktop document management software that helps users organize, view, combine and find their PDF documents plus more than 150 additional document and photo formats. OmniPage Ultimate also includes Nuance PDF Create 8 to create 100 percent industry-standard PDF files.
- Accessible in more than 100 languages. OmniPage Ultimate includes the recognition of languages based on the Latin, Greek and Cyrillic alphabets as well as Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages enabling users from around the world to access, edit and manage documents.
OmniPage Ultimate is available through Nuance’s global network of reseller partners. OmniPage Ultimate is $199 for upgrades from previous OmniPage version and $499 for new purchases with volume discounts available through the Nuance Open License Program. For additional information on OmniPage features, pricing and volume licensing programs, please visit www.nuance.com/omnipage or call 800-443-7077.
About Nuance Communications, Inc
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance, OmniPage, and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names referenced herein may be the property of their respective owners.