Meeting the Healthcare Challenge
In the document-intensive, heavily regulated healthcare industry, paper documents present significant challenges for providers and payers alike. One of the key issues: meeting rigorous HIPAA requirements for confidentiality and maintaining a record of health-information disclosures. You need to ensure that only authorized users have access to sensitive information – while ensuring anywhere/anytime secure access for those authorized users. Encryption of patient health information sent over the Internet is now also a requirement. What’s more, providers and payers must have physical safeguards to protect health information from fires, floods, and natural/civil disasters. Institutions must also ensure their documents cleanly and smartly integrate with electronic medical records (EMR) initiatives, physician credentialing, and enterprise content management (ECM).
Collectively, it’s a tall order. But Nuance is here to help with a suite of document conversion, management, routing, and storage solutions that help providers and payers efficiently capture, use, share, and manage the growing mountain of documents connected with their business processes.
- Digitize and organize clinical and billing records
- Eliminate offsite record storage
- Secure sensitive documents
- Integration with EMR initiatives, physician credentialing, and ECM
- Create PDF files from any document
- Convert PDF files in editable Microsoft Word documents
- Eliminate retyping of information
What Nuance Imaging Solutions Bring to Healthcare Firms
- Security - Nuance solutions provide several features that improve regulatory compliance for healthcare firms. Increase the security of your documents with encryption, secure storage, user authentication, redaction, and the ability to track access and changes to documents.
- Disaster Recovery - Strengthen your business-continuity strategy by ensuring all documents are digitized and archived off-site in event of a disaster.
- Compliance - Improve your compliance posture by storing and linking documents and transaction records. Maintain archive integrity and prevent unauthorized access.
- Lean and Green - Reduce your environmental footprint by cutting your usage of paper – while lowering your costs and improving information accessibility.
Streamlining Key Document Processes For Healthcare
Stronger Confidentiality for HIPAA Compliance:
- Password-protected 128-bit-encrypted document distribution reduces the possibility of unauthorized access to patient information and medical records.
- Sending electronic documents by e-mail rather than fax ensures confidential, password-protected delivery to a private inbox rather than a public fax machine.
- You can redact sensitive passages from scanned documents prior to scanning, storing, or sending.
A Complete Audit Trail:
- Nuance maintains a transaction log of all e-mail activity and sends a copy of the sent message and attachments to the sender’s sent-items folder.
- Secure log-in and authentication features restrict unauthorized users from distributing customer information.
- Archive and store your newly electronic documents at a secure remote location for backup and disaster recovery purposes.