What's New in v12
- A new interactive tutorial in Dragon 12 guides you through fun exercises that demonstrate best practices for dictating, editing and formatting so that you can get up and running quickly.
Using Gmail & Hotmail
- Dragon 12 enhances the experience of using your voice with two of the most popular web-based email applications — Gmail and Hotmail. Learn how to use voice commands for the most frequent actions.
- Dragon 12 menu options make it easy to find detailed information when you need it. From the DragonBar’s Help menu to the Sidebar, "Give me help" gets you help anytime.
- Review your words by listening to a new, natural text to speech voice from Nuance in Dragon 12. Text to speech capabilities within Dragon deliver a synthesized voice that can read out loud text you designate – learn how.
Smart Format Rules
- Dragon 12’s new Smart Format Rules allow Dragon to adapt by detecting your format corrections – abbreviations, numbers, and more — so your dictated text looks the way you want it to every time. Learn how.
Transcribe Your Recording
- Use a Nuance-approved digital voice recorder or compatible iOS device with our free Dragon Recorder app to record thoughts for later transcription to your PC. This video shows the transcription basics.
Commands & Other Features
- Easily create commands to insert frequently used text and/or graphics by voice. Learn how.
Importing Vocabulary Lists
- This video provides instructions to add words and phrases to your personal vocabulary to improve overall accuracy.
Play That Back
- With the “Play that Back” voice command, Dragon lets you play back the audio of your latest dictation. Learn how.
Posting to Facebook and Twitter
- Dragon’s time-saving voice commands consolidate multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes into a direct voice command. With version 12, you can quickly and easily post to Facebook or Twitter at any time – no matter what application is currently active on the screen.
Searching the Web
- Dragon makes it easy to surf the Web hands-free by delivering the ability to click links by voice, dictate web addresses, scroll pages and more. You can even navigate radio buttons and drop-down menus by voice.
Adding a Source to an Existing Profile
- This video shows you how to add an audio source - above and beyond your regular microphone - to your current profile, such as Bluetooth.
Why use a headset? You can create documents and email -- and even control your entire computer -- using your iPhone or iPod touch with Dragon. This video illustrates how to set up and use the free Dragon Remote Microphone application (available in the Apple app store) to convert your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen) and Android device into a wireless microphone for use with Dragon NaturallySpeaking (available only for Dragon 12 Home and higher editions of Dragon). Learn more about the Dragon Remote Mic app.
The Dragon Recorder app (available in the Apple app store) allows Dragon customers to dictate text anytime, anywhere, capturing high-quality audio files using their existing iPhone, iPad or iPod touch (4th gen). Users can play back, fast forward and rewind the recording as necessary. The Dragon Recorder app then wirelessly transfers the audio files from the mobile device to the user’s PC or Mac and delivers an accurate written transcript of the entire recording. While the Dragon Recorder app introduces more customers to the freedom and flexibility of remote dictation, customers requiring advanced recording functionality can continue to rely on Dragon’s ability to transcribe the audio files of the industry’s leading digital voice recorders. Learn more about the Dragon Recorder app.