What’s New in PaperPort 14?
PaperPort 14 Desktop Enhancements
The Nuance Cloud Connector application: Now you can gain access to a number of cloud services, including Microsoft Live SkyDrive, Google Docs, Box.net, and many more. Plus, files are accessed in the PaperPort folder directory, so you can scan, stack, or unstack PDF files, and create PDF files directly in the cloud.
- Evernote “Send To” Connector: Drag-and-drop files to the Evernote Send To Connector, create a new note, or add the document to an existing note. You can also right click on the Evernote connector and get files attached to any note so they are copied to the PaperPort desktop.
Get more organized
PaperPort gives you a single solution for scanning paper and accessing, viewing, editing, and converting files on your PC – the best way to get, and stay, organized.
Take advantage of the cloud
With connectivity to your favorite cloud applications you can extend powerful document management capabilities to any device with a browser.
Become an expert … in no time flat
PaperPort reduces the complexity of scanning to a single push of button. Set-up a breeze, and once start, you will quickly have all your documents stored and accessible in one easy-to-use application.
Reduce waste and conserve energy by putting an end to your reliance on printing, faxing, and mailing. You’ll save money, too!
Gain true peace of mind
Improve document management processes with PaperPort. Once you file a document in PaperPort, you can rest assured it will never be lost, damaged, or accidently thrown away.
Get more done faster
PaperPort 14 includes a powerful PDF Viewer that replaces the free Adobe®Reader®, so you can view, edit, and share PDF documents like never before.
Find information instantly
Now you can create searchable digital PDFs from digital files and scanned paper documents. Then, to quickly locate a specific file, simply enter keywords or phrases into a desktop search.
Clean up and enhance digital photos
Scanning pictures is just the first step. PaperPort helps make your digital photos look better than ever with a feature-rich set of photo tools and optimal resolution for screen and print.
Convert paper into text
PaperPort converts paper to text in one, easy step. Just drag and drop a scanned document onto any text application in the PaperPort “Send-to” bar to create editable text for instant use in word processing or spreadsheet software.
Fill out forms quickly, neatly
FormTyper® converts scanned paper forms into electronic forms you can fill out, save as PDF, and email. It’s fast, easy, and automatic.
Works with any scanner
Make your all-in-one printer, mobile scanner, or desktop scanner faster and easier to use with PaperPort 14. Get better results, too.
PaperPort 14 is our popular scanning and document management software application designed for home office use. An easy-to-use combination of traditional file cabinet and digital document desktop, PaperPort 14 enables you to scan, organize, find, and share all of your documents and photos from your PC. It enhances the capabilities of your scanner or all-in-one device to quickly transform paper — mail, photos, legal paperwork, tax information, forms, bills, receipts warranties, and other important documents — into high-quality, searchable PDF files with the click of a button.
PaperPort even puts all the PDF files on your desktop in clearly marked, color-coded folders, so information is always at your fingertips.
But people have fundamentally changed the way they access information. It seems everyone, including our kids, have smartphones and tablets that are always connected. In this ever-busy world wouldn’t it be nice to have access to important personal documents as easily as getting access to the weather report, sports scores, music, and videos?
With PaperPort 14, you can put an end to your reliance on copying, faxing, and mailing to reduce waste, conserve energy, save money, and get access to all your documents anywhere and anytime.
There’s no better, faster, or easier way to eliminate paper, organize your home office, and get access to your documents once and for all.
Customers use PaperPort 14 to:
- Reduce paper clutter all over the house
- Empty desk drawers and get rid of bulky file cabinets
- Scan, view, edit, and share PDF files with unprecedented speed and ease
- Find documents instantly
- Organize and manage all documents in one easy-to-use software application
- Bring greater efficiency to home-based businesses, personal finances, school work photo collections, hobbies, and other endeavors
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Intel Pentium compatible, or newer CPU
- 1 GB RAM
- 700 MB free hard disk space for application files and installation
- 1024x768 resolution display with 16 bit (High Color) or better
- Windows compatible pointing device
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8 32-bit or 64-bit Edition
- Windows XP 32-bit SP3
- Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit with SP2 or higher
- Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
Supported Web Browsers (Favorites and PDF Viewer)
- Internet Explorer 7+
- Firefox 3, 4 and 5.5
- Chrome 4, 9 (versioning changed)
DVD-ROM drive (required for installation)
PaperPort Anywhere, Nuance Cloud Connector, Online Activation, Registration and Live Update
- Internet connection and web access necessary
- PaperPort Anywhere includes 1GB of storage. Terms subject to change. Visit www.paperport.com for details.
Note: Performance and speed will be enhanced if your computer’s processor, memory, and available disk space exceed minimum requirements. This is especially true when converting very large color PDF files.
Technical Support: Nuance offers technical support via phone and email. Visit www.nuance.com/support for our current support policy.