Table of Contents
Create a table of contents from any PDF file
With Power PDF it’s easy to assemble documents from multiple sources. Or sometimes you get multipage PDF documents that lack a table of contents to begin with. The challenge is how do you add a table of contents to the PDF document without a lot of typing, reformatting, and manual linking?
Power PDF has an easy to use yet powerful way to automatically create a table of contents that looks good, is completely accurate and linked.
Create a table of contents
- Open or create your multi-page PDF document
- Open the Bookmarks panel by clicking on the Bookmarks panel button to the left of the screen
- Click the Select tool (It looks like an arrow) on the left hand tool bar
- Go to a page where you want a table of contents entry to be recorded
- Select the text you want to appear in the table of contents
- In the Bookmarks panel select “New Bookmark” under the “Bookmarks Panel Option” (It looks like a little gear)
- Repeat this step for every table of content entry you want
- When all your bookmark entries are made and you are ready to create your table of contents, select “Create Table of Contents…” under the “Bookmarks Panel Option”
- Click OK to have the table of contents created as your first page or change the options to get the desired result.