Developers can quickly and easily create speech-aware applications “from scratch” or add speech recognition to existing applications. The Dragon NaturallySpeaking speech engine allows end-users to enter, edit and correct text by voice, as well as command and control the application by voice.
Achieve accuracy rates up to 99% Enable continuous dictation into a specified standard Window or any kind of window with more accurate results than the previous release.
Create New User Profiles Developers can create new user profiles using the Dragon New User Wizard, or from within their applications with or without interaction with the end-user. Version 12 incorporates new acoustic models for better coverage of non-native and regional accents. Together with more powerful adaptation techniques, this will help end-users get better recognition accuracy from the very first use.
The Dragon vocabulary consists of a language model and files containing the words users can say. Developers can create custom vocabularies tailored for any dictation domain.
Developers can leverage the full feature set of the award-winning Dragon NaturallySpeaking, including free text dictation of up to 160 words per minute virtually anywhere you can type; easy correction by voice for complete hands-free operation; and dictation playback for fast editing.
Voice commands Developers can code their applications to respond appropriately when a specified sequence or pattern of words is recognized as a command.
Text to speech Applications can output text in the form of speech by using a voice-text object and the included text-to-speech engine.
Integrate Transcriptions from Audio Files Applications developers can transcribe audio files into application windows or transcribe audio files into text and document files.
Microphone The Dragon NaturallySpeaking ActiveX controls include a microphone button object (DgnMicBtn) that provides programmatic access to the microphone in microphone button (with the VU meter) that developers can display in the application’s user interface. New in Dragon 12, developers can integrate user profile creation for iPhone®, iPod® touch (4th gen), iPad® or compatible Android™ device as a remote microphone or recorder for greater freedom and flexibility.
Display Notifications New in Dragon 12, developers have the option to display a status bar message to let users know what mode (i.e. dictation, spelling, numbers, commands, etc.) is currently active. Also new to Dragon 12 is SDK’s ability to notify an application if the “spell dialog” box is open or closed.
Enhanced Closed Captioning In Dragon 12, new and improved real-time formatting of closed captioning text is available for US English, and introduced for other languages including Italian, French, German, Dutch and Spanish.
During the installation process, the software checks that your system meets the following requirements. If they are not met, Dragon will not be installed.
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008, 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, 2 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012)
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom® processor). Faster processors yield faster performance.
IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set is required
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB)
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher to view the software’s Online Help (free download at http://www.microsoft.com)
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation from disk
- .Net Framework and MSXML 4.0 SP2 are not installed as part of the SDK installer. The pre-requisites are assumed to be pre-installed on the developer machines. If needed, they are provided on the SDK installation disk on DVD1 under the ISSetupPrerequisites folder.
- A Nuance-approved noise-canceling microphone. See listings and details at support.nuance.com (includes USB adapters and digital voice recorders)
This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.