Dragon SDK Server is specifically designed for integration into solutions that require speech recognition to run in the background, without any interactive dictation or self-editing by users. Back-end speech recognition enables the batch processing of recorded speech from a range of devices, including digital recorders, PDAs, tablet PCs and telephone dictation systems. Although Dragon SDK Server is not a transcription workflow in itself, it can be integrated within existing systems to automate transcription, increasing transcription productivity and reducing transcription costs.
Support for Audio Streaming To streamline workflow, recognition can now be performed from a streaming file, eliminating the need to produce an audio file.
Acoustic models DSS comes with a collection of base acoustic models that have been trained on vast amounts of relevant speech recordings from many speakers. DSS supports different accents and dictation sources, including dictation recorded over the telephone.
New Vocabulary DSS comes with a set of vocabularies, which include a word list with information about all the words a program can recognize and a language model that contains usage information about those words. Legal vocabularies are available for US English, UK English, French, and German.
ActiveX controls provide interfaces for integration into dictation/transcription workflow software ActiveX provides flexible server software integration and is supported by many compiled and interpreted (script) languages such as C++, C#, Visual Basic, Python, Perl, etc.
Fully functional sample programs that are designed for use in the transcription workflow
New OS Support In addition to the previously-supported operating systems, Dragon 12 now offers support for Windows Server 2012.
Interface Snapshot Save and Align With Dragon 12, a new DSS interface improves the ability to align audio playback with the final, corrected transcript using timestamps provided by Dragon.
During the installation process, the software checks that your system meets the following requirements. If they are not met, Dragon will not be installed.
- RAM: We recommend 2 GB for 32-bit Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2008, 4 GB for 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, 2 GB for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012)
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. (Minimum: 1 GHz Intel Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel Atom® processor). Faster processors yield faster performance. Important: SSE2 instruction set is required
- Processor Cache: We recommend 2 MB L2 cache. (Minimum: 512 KB)
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation from disk
- .Net Framework and MSXML 4.0 SP2 are not installed as part of the SDK installer. The pre-requisites are assumed to be pre-installed on the developer machines. If needed, they are provided on the SDK installation disk on DVD1 under the SSetupPrerequisites folder.
This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.