Coding and Billing Management
Encoder Product Suite
The Encoder Product Suite provides an intelligent, comprehensive approach to VA inpatient and outpatient data management technology for the HIMS, Billing, Utilization Review, Accounts Receivable, and Compliance departments.
The Encoder Product Suite includes Windows graphical user interface modules of various VistA packages with coding, compliance, billing, and auditing functionality. It provides VA staff and management with the tools needed to do their jobs effectively. With the official VA-sanctioned communication technology, RPC Broker, the system provides real-time integration into VA packages, such as Patient Care Encounter, Patient Treatment File, Computerized Patient Record System, and Surgery. This integration ensures that all of the necessary data and documentation is available to staff directly involved with coding and billing of accurate, comprehensive claims for the VA.
- Improves auditing and monitoring capabilities with VA-specific Veterans Equitable Resource Allocation (VERA) tools
- Improves coding knowledge with real-time error indicators
- Identifies “high-risk” coding practices
- Reduces claim denial with CMS 1500 and UB-04 claim scrubbing
- Improves screening capability for claims and encounters
- Improves reporting capabilities with an ad hoc report builder