It’s easy to get started with the LifeStyle Speech Pack:
- Make sure Dragon is installed on your PC, and you have created a user profile
- Activate your copy of the LifeStyle Speech Pack by using the code found on your activation card (included with your purchase)
- Review the command lists for your favorite applications (or print out a copy of the command list for future reference)
- Stop typing and start talking to control your favorite applications!
Voice commands are intuitive and easy to remember. Sample commands from the hundreds of voice commands available in the LifeStyle Speech Pack include the following:
- iTunes (a software-based online digital media store): play; next song; shuffle albums; refresh radio; view my account; sync iPod; new playlist
- Skype (a software application that allows users to make voice calls over the internet): buy Skype credit; sort contacts by name; open call recorder; call contact; turn my video off; hold call
- Windows Live Messenger (a free instant messaging client): add/delete contact; start conversation; start my webcam; nudge contact; show message history; show emoticons; change display picture
- Yahoo! Messenger (a free instant messaging client): status invisible; instant message; send; stealth settings; share photos; invite to conference
- AudaCity (a free open source software for recording and editing sounds): save project; duplicate; quick mix; change speed; repeat effect; loop play
How does speech recognition work with applications like Skype and instant messaging? The best way to describe the experience is to show Dragon in action. Select a task from the list below to see sample voice commands in action.
Skype: Contact Search and Call
Skype: Placing a Call
Skype: Calling Contacts
Skype: Video Calling a Contact
Skype: Selecting and Calling a Contact
Skype: Sending an Instant Message
Skype: Viewing and Sorting Contacts
Skype: Changing Status
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB.
- Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer(R) 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs).
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
The activation card included with your purchase of the Dragon LifeStyle Speech Pack will allow you to download and activate voice control commands for the applications you rely on. Visit http://www.voxenable.com/gbu0-catshow/LifestyleSpeechPack.html to download VoxEnable (a third-party application) and enter the code found on your activation card.
With your purchase of the Dragon LifeStyle Speech Pack, you can speech enable many of the applications you rely on every day. Click the application below to view a list of available commands for that application.