The minimum requirements to install and run OmniPage 16 are:
- A computer with an Intel® Pentium® III processor or equivalent. Intel Core Duo, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD X2 Dual Core 3600+ recommended.
- Windows 2000 (from Service Pack 4), Windows XP 32-bit (from Service Pack 2), Windows XP 64-bit, and Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5.
- 256MB of memory (RAM), 1GB recommended.
- 150MB of free hard disk space for application and sample files plus 70MB working space during installation.
- 175MB for all RealSpeak® modules (80MB for RealSpeak® Solo American English language module, additional 9-11MB per RealSpeak Solo other language modules)
- 20MB for ScanSoft PDF Create! *
- 5MB for Microsoft Installer (MSI) if not present (it is included in most Windows operating systems).
- 1024x768 pixel color monitor with 16-bit color or greater video card.
- A sound card and speaker for reading text aloud.
- A CD-ROM drive for installation.
- A Windows compatible pointing device.
- 4 megapixel digital camera or higher for digital camera text capture
- A compatible scanner with its own scanner driver software, if you plan to scan documents. See the Scanner Guide at Nuance’s web site for a list of supported scanners.
- Web access is needed for product registration, Scanner Wizard database updating and obtaining live updates for the program.
- To save DOCX and XPSX files (for Microsoft Office 2007 Word and Excel) or to load and save XPS files (XML Paper Specification), you should have or install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0. The link to the Microsoft download page can be found in the Release Notes, or in the application About box. Alternatively, click the OmniPage .Net Framework balloon tooltip.
*Supplied with OmniPage Professional 16 only.