OmniPage 16’s installation program takes you through installation with instructions on every screen.
Before installing OmniPage:
- Close all other applications, especially anti-virus programs.
- Log into your computer with administrator privileges if you are installing on Windows 2000, XP or Vista.
- If you own a previous version of OmniPage, or if you are upgrading from demonstration software or an OmniPage Special Edition, the installer asks your consent to uninstall that product.
To install OmniPage:
- Insert the OmniPage CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive. The installation program should start automatically. If it does not start, locate your CD-ROM drive in Windows Explorer and double-click the Autorun.exe program at the top-level of the CD-ROM.
- Choose a language to use during installation. Accept the End-User License Agreement and enter the serial number shown on the CD envelope.
- Choose a complete or a custom installation. A complete installation installs all RealSpeakTM Text-to-Speech language modules (currently 9). Custom installation lets you exclude or add modules. To exclude a module, click its down arrow and select "This feature will not be available".
- Follow the instructions on each screen to install the software. All files needed for scanning are copied automatically during installation.