How to start the program
To start OmniPage 16 do one of the following:
- Click Start in the Windows taskbar and
choose All Programs > ScanSoft OmniPage 16 > OmniPage
the OmniPage icon in the program’s
installation folder or on the Windows desktop
if placed there.
an OmniPage Document (OPD) icon or file name;
the clicked document is loaded into the program.
Documents" in the next
- Double-click the OmniPage icon in the program’s installation folder or on the Windows desktop if placed there.
- Right click one or more image file icons or file names for a shortcut menu. Select Open With... OmniPage application. The images are loaded into the program.
On opening, OmniPage’s title screen is displayed and then a view selection panel. OmniPage has three basic view types. For details, see The OmniPage Desktop and Views in the next chapter. It provides an introduction to the program’s main working areas.
There are several ways of running the program with a limited interface:
- Use the Batch Manager program. Click Start in the Windows taskbar and choose All Programs > ScanSoft OmniPage 16 > OmniPage Batch Manager. See the Workflows chapter.
- Click Acquire Text from the File menu of an application registered with the Direct OCR™ facility. See "How to set up Direct OCR" in the Processing Documents chapter.
- Right-click on one or more image file icons or file names for a shortcut menu. Select OmniPage 16 and choose a target format, or the Convert Now Wizard or a workflow from its sub-menu. The files will be processed according to the workflow instructions. See the Workflows chapter.
- Click the OmniPage Agent icon on the taskbar. Choose a workflow to start the program and run the workflow.
- Use OmniPage 16 with Nuance's PaperPort® document management product, to add OCR services. See "How to use OmniPage with PaperPort" in the Using OmniPage chapter.