Proofreading OCR results
After a page is recognized, the recognition results appear in the Text Editor. Proofreading starts automatically if that was requested in the Proofing panel of the Options dialog box. You can start proofing manually any time. Work as follows:
- Click the Proofread
OCR tool in the Standard toolbar, or choose Proofread
OCR... in the Tools menu.
- Proofing starts from the current page, but skips text already proofed. If a suspected error is detected, the OCR Proofreader dialog box colors the suspect word in its context, adds a yellow highlight to any suspect characters and provides a picture of how the word originally looked in the image. The explanation says 'Suspect word' or 'Non-dictionary word'.
- If the recognized word is correct, click Ignore or Ignore All to move to the next suspect word. Click Add to add it to the current user dictionary and move to the next suspect word.
- If the recognized word is not correct, modify the word in the Edit panel or select a dictionary suggestion. Click Change or Change All to implement the change and move to the next suspect word. Click Add to add the changed word to the current user dictionary and move to the next suspect word.
- Color markers are removed from words in the Text Editor as they are proofread. You can switch to the Text Editor during proofing to make corrections there. Use the Resume button to restart proofing. Click Page Ready to skip to the next page and Document Ready or Close to stop proofreading before the end of the document is reached.
- A page is marked with the proofed icon on its thumbnail and in the Document Manager if proofing ran to the end of the page. Choose Recheck Current Page... from the Tools menu to re-proof a page.