Checking Microphone Volume/Sound Quality
- When the Adjust Your Microphone: Volume Check page of the wizard appears, click the Start Volume Check button and then read aloud the text displayed in the box.
- When the program beeps to indicate it has finished checking the volume, click Next.
- When the Adjust Your Microphone: Quality Check screen appears, click Start Quality Check and then read aloud the text displayed in the box.
- The program beeps when it has finished evaluating the sound quality of your system. If Dragon displays PASSED, click the Next button to continue.
- NOTE: Windows Vista or XP: If you get a Sound level is too
low error while creating a Dragon user, to boost the microphone's
- Select Start > Control Panel > Sound.
- On the Recording tab, double-click the Microphone icon to open the Microphone Properties dialog.
- Based on your sound card and microphone, you set the boost from the Level or Custom tab. If you see a slider to set the boost, move the slider all the way to the right for the maximum boost. If you see a Boost checkbox, select the checkbox.
- Proceed with Training a New User