Installing Software — Typical Installation
To install all features of Dragon:
- Insert the Dragon DVD into your DVD drive.
If the installation does not start automatically, use Windows Explorer to find and double-click setup .exe on the DVD.
NOTE: Windows Vista: When you start the installation on Windows Vista, you may see the message saying A program needs your permission to continue. Click Continue to start the installation.
- After the Windows Installer begins, it installs two software packages if they are not already installed:
- Visual C++ Version 8.0
- PowerMic Microphone Drivers (Medical edition only)
- After the Wizard begins, click Next to proceed to the License Agreement page. Read the text and select I accept the terms..., then click Next.
- Enter your User Name and Organization, and the Serial Number supplied to your installation.
- (Optional) When the Setup Type page appears, click the Change button and choose where to install the product.
If no earlier versions of Dragon are installed on your system, the default directory is: C:\Program Files\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking10. For a list of directories created by installation, see Version 10 File Structure.
- While you are still on the Setup Type page, select Typical.
- On the Ready to Install the Program page, you can choose:
- Enable QuickStart mode for the current user—If you enable QuickStart, the product launches at system startup time and adds the Dragon QuickStart icon to the Windows task bar.
- Upgrade existing speech files to work with the installation—?If you select this option, either immediately after you install (or after you reboot when you are prompted to reboot), Dragon starts the user upgrade process (Upgrading Existing Users from Versions 8.x and 9.x).
- Click Install to start the installation.
- When prompted, click Finish to complete the installation. (If you are prompted to restart your computer, restart it now.)
- Select Start > All Programs > Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 > Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10. The DragonBar appears on your desktop.
- (optional) If you have users from Version 8.x or 9.x that you would like to upgrade before proceeding, refer to Upgrading Existing Users from Versions 8.x and 9.x.
- If you have no previously existing users, the New User Wizard starts immediately after you run the product. Proceed to Creating a new user to set up a user, then continue as instructed, to train the user.
You are now ready to create a user, as explained under Creating a new user.