Upgrading Existing Users from Versions 8.x and 9.x
If you chose to upgrade existing users during the installation, the User Upgrade Wizard appears the first time you run Version 10.NOTE: If you do not want to upgrade users right now, you can exit from the wizard and do it later.
Otherwise, you can start the User Upgrade Wizard from the Windows Start menu at any time.
To upgrade existing users:
- To start the User Upgrade Wizard, select Start > All Programs > Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.0 > Dragon NaturallySpeaking Tools > Upgrade Users. The User Upgrade Wizard appears.
- On the Select Users to Upgrade page, modify the list of users to include users that you want to upgrade. The wizard starts by including all users in the current folder as candidates to upgrade. You add users to the list by clicking the Add button and browsing for additional users in other locations. You remove users from the list by selecting them and clicking the Remove button. After the list contains only the users you want to upgrade, click Next.
- Click Next and choose the location for the upgraded user files. As the User Upgrade Wizard modifies your user files to work with the newest version, it can move place the upgraded user in another location while keeping the old files untouched, in case you need them again.
- Click the Browse button in the Choose Destination page of the wizard to select the location for the upgraded user files. If you do not set a location, the files are placed in the default location.
- (Optional) If you want to make changes to the user locations, base vocabularies, and/or acoustic models, click the Advanced button and the Advanced Options dialog box opens.
In this dialog box, you can make finer adjustments to how the wizard upgrades particular users. You see a list of the users being upgraded. For each user you see the user name, old location, vocabulary, and one or more acoustic models.
When you click on the location line of a user in the list, the New Location text box below the list becomes available. You can click Browse and select a new location.
When you click on the vocabulary line of a user in the list, the New Base Vocabulary text box below the list becomes available. You can choose a new base vocabulary from the drop-down list. When you click on the acoustic model line of a user in the list, the New Acoustic Model text box below the list becomes available. You can choose a new combination language, language model, and accent from the drop-down list.
- Click Next to proceed to the Upgrade Users page where you click Begin to begin the upgrade process. Expect to wait approximately 5 minutes for each user being upgraded.
- When the upgrade process is complete, click Finish.
- If the User Upgrade Wizard ran in response to you starting the product, the Open User window displays a list of users and you can select a user to dictate.