Turning on the Microphone
Before you can dictate, you need to turn on the microphone. You turn on the microphone by:
- Click the microphone icon on the DragonBar. You can click this icon again to turn it off.
- Pressing the plus (+) key on the numeric keypad to turn the microphone on, and then press it again to turn the microphone off.
- Clicking the microphone icon in the Windows task bar.
The button and the volume meter on the DragonBar change to show if the microphone is off or on.
NOTE: Once the microphone is off, you cannot turn it on again by voice.
Sleeping and Waking Up
To make Dragon stop listening temporarily:
- Say "Go to Sleep" or "Stop Listening." Then Dragon ignores everything except the "Wake Up" or "Listen To Me" commands.
- To reactivate the microphone, say "Wake Up" or "Listen To Me." You can also press the numeric plus (+) key to turn on/off the microphone.