Moving the Mouse Pinter and Clicking the Mouse
Dragon provides hands-free mouse control with MouseGrid and the mouse motion voice commands. You can use these features to position the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen, click the mouse buttons, and drag objects—all by voice.
Moving the mouse pointer with MouseGrid
You can position the mouse pointer anywhere on the screen by using MouseGrid. You can move the pointer relative to the full screen or the active window.
To use MouseGrid:
- Say "MouseGrid" to place the MouseGrid over the full screen (as shown below) or say "MouseGrid Window" to place it over the active window. For example:
- Say a grid number from 1 to 9 to position the pointer in that numbered area. In this example, to position the pointer over the Recycle Bin, say "4." A smaller M ouseGrid will appear in the chosen grid square.
- To zoom in over the desired area, say another grid number. In this example, say "4" to place the pointer over the Recycle Bin icon.
- Continue to say the respective grid number to zoom in until the mouse pointer is over an icon or other object. You can use voice commands to click the mouse or mark and drag the object. See the following sections for instructions.
Moving the pointer with the Mouse command
You can move the mouse pointer up, down, left, or right a short distance (a few millimeters) by using the mouse pointer commands.
You can combine moving the mouse pointer and clicking the mouse in a single voice command. For example, you can say "Mouse Up 3 Click" or "Mouse Right 2 Double Click."
To move the pointer:
- Say "Mouse" followed by the direction and number of times to move it (up to 10). For example, say "Mouse Up 5" or "Mouse Left 10."
- When the pointer is over an icon or other object, you can use voice commands to click the mouse or mark and drag the object.
Clicking the mouse
You can click, double-click, left-click, and right-click the mouse buttons by voice.
To click the mouse:
- 1 Position the mouse pointer over the object you want to select (for example, say "MouseGrid 9 1" or "Mouse 2").
- Say "Mouse Click," "Mouse Double Click," "Mouse Left Click," or "Mouse Right Click." When an object is selected, you can mark and drag the object (as described in the next section).
Marking and dragging objects
You can mark an object and drag it to a different location by voice.
To mark and drag an object:
- Position the mouse over the icon or object you want to drag and then say "Mark" (for example, say "MouseGrid 9 1 Mark").
- Move the mouse pointer to where you want to drag the object and then say "Drag" (for example, say "Mouse Grid 6 3 Drag").