Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7, 8 and Server 2008 64-bit/2012
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9 (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved microphone (included in purchase). For details on Bluetooth microphones, recorders, Tablet PCs, and other hardware, please go to support.nuance.com/
Client OS for Dragon client:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit (include Windows 8)
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2, and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit (Windows 2008 R2 64 bit SP2 ONLY)
- Windows Server 2012
- A web connection is required for activation during installation. The software checks your system for minimum requirements; if they are not met, it will not be installed.
- Citrix Client 11.x
- Citrix Client 12.x
- Citrix Receiver 3.x (CC 13)
- XenApp 5 – 2008 x32 2008 x64
- XenApp 6 – 2008 x64 R2
- XenApp 6.5 – 2008 x64 R2
Supported non-EHR Applications:
- Microsoft® Word 2007, 2010 (32 & 64 bit), 2013 (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft® Excel® 2007, 2010, 2013
- WordPerfect® x5, x6
- Apache OpenOffice Writer 3.4
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- RIA IE9
- Mozilla® Firefox® 8+
- RIA FF 12+
- RIA Google Chrome 16+
- Windows Live Mail
- Mozilla® Thunderbird™ x3 and up
- Lotus Notes 8.5
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- All servers should have latest service pack.
- SQL 2008 & 2012
Dr. Steven H. Zuber, Internal Medicine, Methodist HealthWest and Medical Director of Informatics, Methodist Physicians Clinic
“We’ve been using Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition alongside our Cerner Millennium EHR since April and have seen significant benefits. Not only are clinicians empowered to complete comprehensive, high quality notes in real-time by speaking, but many tasks associated with the system are now automated. For example, user profiles are automatically loaded. Now, clinicians can access their Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition profile and user settings quickly without having to re-select preferences. We’ve also noticed that the profiles are optimized because of a number of updates occurring in the background. The optimization has simplified problem diagnosis and repair, improved recognition accuracy and most importantly reduced the time it takes to create and finalize a patient’s medical record. Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition works very well within a Citrix-based EHR environment; on average I’ve been able to save 30 minutes per day on documentation, carving out anywhere between 30 seconds to one minute from each record I create.”
Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition Client is a "real-time" speech recognition program that works with virtually any Microsoft Windows®-based or virtualized
EHR for efficient report completion and easy navigation. It includes optional user login and passwords. As part of the installation in a virtualized environment, there is a component that connects with vSync over a virtual channel that receives pertinent text box information ensuring that Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition and the EHR are continuously in sync.
Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition enables easy, centralized user management and enhanced dictation performance, while running an EHR within a virtualized environment. It is designed for large practices, hospitals and health systems that have made organization-wide commitments to
Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition for their total clinician populations. Two key components include:
vSync for EHRs
Dragon® Medical 360 | Network Edition includes a component, vSync, which solves the shortcomings of previous Dragon Medical products running in a virtualized environment. This intelligent software, through its hidden virtual channel, monitors both the EHR and Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition and keeps the information dictated by the physician synchronized with what is being entered or displayed in the EHR.
Nuance Management Console
Nuance Management Console provides centralized management of Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition users across an entire provider organization. Nuance Management Console reduces—substantially—the total cost of ownership and ongoing management of Dragon Medical. Features Include:
- Centralized user profile management. From a single management console, you can segment users into subgroups (for example, department or line of service) and assign applicable options. You can schedule batch updates of new releases and track Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition client licenses.
- User security. Optional user login and passwords support HIPAA standards and prevent accidental login under the incorrect profile. If the dictating PC remains idle too long, Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition automatically logs clinicians off.
- NuanceLink. A continuously active link between Nuance Update Server, which provides content updates, and your Nuance Management Console server. This link provides updates to vocabularies, including new macro lists, medication lists, diagnosis lists and disease lists. All are updated via a live feed and sent directly to the Nuance Management Console, where—with a single click—administrators can then push all updates to users.
- Profile Optimizer. With security login and passwords, when a clinician approaches a workstation to dictate patient records,
Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition recognizes his/her voice easily and quickly. A new version of the Language Model/Acoustic Model Optimizer (ACO/LMO) runs offline while physicians dictate, eliminating potential dictation downtime and accelerating overall physician dictation accuracy.
- Login Optimization. Supports a faster login via a newly designed login screen. The Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition login can also be configured via a Windows®-based script or single sign-on software. An optional password can be assigned to a user, or the login can be managed via Active Directory.
- Automated License Tracking. Dragon Medical 360 | Network Edition IT administrators can view, at any time, an overview of existing licenses use and the remaining license count for new users.