Optimal sound input level is crucial to speech recognition, so you must go through the setup process for each new microphone you associate with a profile.
To adjust the sound input level
- Click the microphone button () to turn the microphone on. Then read aloud the text that appears in the window. You may have to read the entire text two or three times before the adjustment is completed.
- When adjustment is completed, you will see a message telling you that the Microphone Setup is complete. Click Play to hear the last few seconds of your speech.
- Click Done to exit the Microphone Setup window.
To show the Microphone Setup window at any time
- Say Show Microphone Setup window.
- Click the icon in the menu bar and select Improve Recognition > Microphone Setup.