Transcribing recorded dictation
Before you start:
Create a transcription source for your profile if you haven't done so yet:
- If you are transcribing a recording of your own voice, then add a new transcription source to your user profile.
- If you are transcribing a recording of someone else's voice, say a lecture you recorded, then you have to create a new user profile and select Transcription source as the audio device.
For more information, see Creating a transcription source
To transcribe recorded dictation:
- Open the appropriate profile and select the transcription source.
- From the DragonBar, select Tools>Transcribe Recording.
- Enter the path and file name of the recording as the input. Click Browse to locate and select the file.
- Optionally click Options to configure how Dragon handles spoken commands that it finds in your recording.
- Make your selections in the Options dialog, click OK, then click Transcribe.
- When Dragon is finished, it prompts you to choose what you want to do next with the transcribed text, if anything. Select an option and click Done.
|About dictation sources|