Nuance Software Enhances Microsoft Office® 2016, Windows® 10 and Touch-enabled 2-in-1 Hybrid Device Productivity, Accessibility and Document Security
BURLINGTON, Mass., June 22, 2016 – Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today announced Power PDF 2 software which makes it easy for businesses to gain control over PDF workflows with the ability to create, convert, edit, assemble and securely share PDF files. Delivering enterprise grade capabilities that business users require, Power PDF combines usability, compatibility and security corresponding to the overwhelming successful strategy Microsoft has employed for Windows 10. The software exposes these features through an intuitive and familiar Microsoft Office® look and feel that also supports Windows® 10 touch-enabled 2-in-1 convertible laptop devices similar to the Microsoft Surface™.
“Nuance Power PDF 2 addresses the needs of the more than 270 million active Windows 10 users by delivering PDF software tools that conform with their familiar Microsoft Office 2016 experience,” said Holly Muscolino, research VP, printing, imaging and document solutions for IDC. “It provides an impressive array of features specifically designed to make business staff and mobile professionals more secure and productive, with pricing and licensing structures that makes it easy and cost effective to deploy in large and small organizations.”
Power PDF 2 speaks to the growing need for business software to support touch-enabled hybrid devices, spurred by the user adoption of Windows 10 and next generation hybrids. It provides the convenience to navigate, draw annotations and type using a tablet or notebook and a pen or finger so users can be productive in the office or on the go. The software has a “touch mode” option on its Quick Access Toolbar to optimize the size of toolbars and tool icons so they are easy to press and navigate with a finger.
The primary requirements for businesses switching PDF software, are ease-of-use and the ability for their staff to adopt their new software as quickly as possible. Power PDF is purpose-built to meet these demands, while providing a rich set of features tailored to business PDF use. “Even though I'm well versed with all of the digital nooks and crannies of Adobe Acrobat I didn't skip a beat when I started using Power PDF.” said Ernest Svenson, Esq. “So if you know how to use Acrobat the transition to Power PDF will be seamless and near instantaneous.”
The modern, intuitive user interface of Power PDF 2, is modeled after the latest popular Microsoft ribbon interface, which allows users to work with the same navigation experience they have in Microsoft Office. The interface includes a “find a tool” search capability that enables users to quickly find any tool or functionality in the application. The enhanced Quick Access Toolbar allows users to create shortcuts to frequently used functions.
Smarter and More Powerful to Use – in Office or On the Go
Power PDF 2 features the richest set of capabilities for collaborating and securely sharing PDF files with colleagues and customers. The software provides all the tools needed to annotate, mark up, sign, secure, redact and compress PDFs, and create and work with PDF forms, making it easy to edit and publish PDF files. Users can quickly convert files from Word to PDF and from PDF to Word with extraordinary compatibility, accuracy and reliability.
Power PDF 2 users will enjoy the following benefits:
- Improved document security – Utilize Microsoft Active Directory Rights Management Services to lock down confidential documents without passwords and apply customized protection based on predefined enterprise policies for each sender and recipient. Open and work with PDF documents, which were protected with FileOpen DRM, based on granted rights.
- Greater accessibility – Enhanced tag editing capabilities and the new reading order editor enables users to modify or redefine the tags of PDF documents and touch up the reading order of document content such as columns, tables and graphics. These tools provide users with the power to create perfectly accessible documents which enables the visually disabled people to read documents and access information using assistive technologies.
- Enhanced productivity – New add-ons for Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2016 enable users to create PDF files with bookmarks and links directly from inside these applications. Integration with Office 2016 provides users with tools to convert emails with attachments into PDF archives.
- Greater convenience – The integration of new PDF Create buttons in Chrome and Firefox, allows users to convert web pages into compact PDF files on the fly and through their preferred browsers. This tool preserves original web page links in the PDF files and supports Protected Mode in Internet Explorer.
- Enhanced document intelligence – The new OCR proofreader tool greatly enhances the accuracy of document searches, by allowing users to see and edit text results of the OCR process directly in the searchable PDF. Suspected word errors are displayed for the user to approve or correct, increasing the accuracy of searches and enhancing the overall value of the document.
- Intuitive integrations – Connections to cloud storage and document management systems are built directly into the File menu making it easy and fast to open and save PDF files cloud storage services, including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and Box, with the fewest possible steps. They can also open and save files through the enhanced File menu to document management systems, such as SharePoint, WorkSite, eDocs, NetDocuments and Enterprise Connect.
- Powerful PDF form support – New advanced support for dynamic PDF forms enables the software to handle all types of PDF forms available on the web and used by business and government organizations for collecting information. Users can fill out, save and send complex forms, such as those created by Adobe applications.
“The current IT landscape demands that organizations be flexible when it comes to supporting the work habits, workflows and unique industry challenges faced by their knowledge workers,” said Chris Strammiello, vice president of global alliances and strategic marketing, Nuance Document Imaging. “To operate efficiently and competitively, organizations must be able to adopt and provide solutions that are easy to integrate, intuitive to use, and free from onerous deployment restrictions or licensing costs. Power PDF 2 is purpose built for business use and integration into today’s organizations.”
Pricing and Availability
The complete family of Nuance PDF solutions is available through Nuance’s global network of reseller, retail and e-commerce partners. Nuance Power PDF Advanced 2 is offered for $149.99 with volume discounts available. Power PDF Standard 2 for individuals, home offices and small workgroups is offered for $99.99. For additional information on features, free evaluation software, pricing and volume licensing programs, please visit www.nuance.com/powerpdf.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Nuance and the Nuance logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States of America and/or other countries. All other company names or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Media and Industry Analyst Contact:
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Tel: (781) 791-8935