Nuance Loop platform and customer care solutions provide telcos with enhanced opportunities for engagement and subscriber loyalty, supporting their transformation to digital service providers
BARCELONA (MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS) and BURLINGTON, Mass. – February 26, 2018 – At this week’s Mobile World Congress, Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) will showcase artificial intelligence (AI)-powered solutions that enhance subscriber engagement for mobile service providers, supporting carriers’ transformation to digital service providers and reinventing their relationships with their subscribers.
As mobile operators face regulatory and market pressure on traditional revenue sources and increased competition from over-the-top (OTT) providers, the importance of building strong relationships with their subscribers through personalized experiences is growing. Simultaneously, consumer expectations are shifting as subscribers demand contextual, personal interaction when, where and how they want it. This is leading carriers to transform to digital service providers, prompting a new focus on improving customer experience; providing an omni-channel platform for engagement; and delivering new digital services and business models like on-demand video and music and smart home and IoT technologies.
Nuance is enabling this transformation through intelligent solutions powered by its customer engagement suite that:
- Increase customer acquisition and revenue by improving conversation rates, reducing abandonment, and driving up- and cross-sell opportunities across a variety of channels, including popular smart home assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Enhance customer satisfaction and reduce operating cost by facilitating effortless customer self-service and authentication across multiple channels
- Generate incremental revenue opportunities through personalized network services delivered to subscribers at the right time over the right channel – voice, text, USSD, web browser, social media, etc.
“The innovations, benefits and bottom-line results that Nuance brings to service providers are unlike any other available services,” said Dan Faulkner, senior vice president and general manager of communications service providers at Nuance. “We have deep knowledge of AI use cases and the ability to deploy solutions to address major pain points carriers are encountering in the digital transformation journey.”
Nuance’s machine learning- and AI-powered approach to subscriber engagement has yielded meaningful results for carriers. For example:
- A Tier 1 carrier had noticed voice declines in specific subscriber segments. Using Loop’s AI-powered predictive engine, the company determined the likelihood that specific, high-volume users would shift to less heavy voice usage in the coming month, then executed a targeted marketing campaign to incent voice usage. This campaign reduced expected voice decline by 14 percent.
- Seventy percent of a Tier 1 carrier’s 7.5 million subscribers who were roaming were not using mobile data services. Using Loop, the carrier presented highly targeted international roaming offers when subscribers were about to travel outside of their current territory, resulting in a $375M revenue increase over one year.
- A Tier 1 carrier was experiencing approximately eight million insufficient balance calls daily, resulting in high network costs with no revenue. Nuance created tailored offers using AI and predictive analytics to proactively provide microcredits to zero-balance callers, growing transactions from 50,000 per day to five million per day over a period of 2.5 years.
Since its launch at Mobile World Congress 2017, Nuance Loop, the company’s AI- and data analytics-powered marketing platform, has generated nearly two billion transactions per month on communications service providers’ networks across the world. Integrated directly into the operator’s network, Loop analyzes offer conversion rates, subscriber profiles, content usage and network activity to accurately create and place offers that are tailored to each subscriber, maximizing the revenue potential for the operator. Loop, which was shortlisted in the “Best Mobile Operator Service for Consumers” category for the exclusive 2018 Global Mobile (GLOMO) Awards, is currently deployed across North America, South and Central America, APAC and EMEA, generating hundreds of millions of dollars a year in incremental, high-margin revenue for its operators and supporting more than 700 million subscribers daily.
Nuance’s Omni-Channel Customer Engagement platform applies the latest advancements in machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to augment, automate and improve customer service across channels. Nuance’s digital, voice, outbound and biometric security products create stronger relationships and better experiences for consumers through offering always-on, personalized engagement across virtually any channel. Through partnering with Nuance, global telecommunications providers can reduce interaction and operating costs, improve conversion rates, and deliver brand-differentiating customer experiences.
For more information, visit www.nuance.com. Press and analysts interested meeting with Nuance at Mobile World Congress should contact Kate Hickman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vanessa Richter at email@example.com.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
For US Press
Nuance Communications, Inc.
For EMEA Press
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Tel: +32 9 239 8031