Dragon Professional Group/Dragon Legal Group/Dragon Law Enforcement Release notes—version 15.1
This topic describes fixed issues, system requirements, and update/upgrade instructions for the following Dragon products:
- Dragon Professional Group version 15.1, Volume Licensing (VLA) only
- Dragon Legal Group, version 15.1, Volume Licensing (VLA) only
- Dragon Law Enforcement, version 15.1
These release notes do not apply to any other products or editions.
For the Dragon version 15 release notes, see Dragon Group Release notes.
Command and control issues
For the Canadian English region, the "Select <text> to <text>" command has been changed. The command is now:
"Select <text> through <text>"
Additional "Command <text> to <text" commands, such as "Correct <text> to <text>", now require you to use "through" instead of "to" ("Correct Mary through lamb").
Microsoft Office issues
- Slow performance and hang issues no longer occur.
- In Outlook, "Command <text>" commands (for example, "Correct Smythe") no longer stop working after a user adds a signature or image to an email message.
- Jumping cursor issues no longer occur.
Replying to an email in the reading pane no longer closes the reading pane unexpectedly, leaving the reply stored in the Drafts folder
- Dragon no longer causes Office applications to fail.
- Loss of Full Text Control or focus no longer occurs in Office applications.
- Dictation no longer stops working in Office applications.
- Office applications, Dragon, and Citrix no longer fail when switching between Office Applications in a Citrix environment or when the Dragon add-in is enabled.
- The "Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call" error message no longer occurs during dictation in Microsoft Word 2010.
Minimum: 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
Free hard disk space
Supported operating systems
You can update to Dragon version 15.1 from the following versions:
- Dragon Professional Group version 15, VLA only
- Dragon Legal Group version 15, VLA only
- Dragon Law Enforcement version 15
You can upgrade to Dragon Professional Group version 15.1 from the following versions:
- Dragon Professional Group version 13 and 14, VLA only
- Dragon Legal Group version 13 and 14, VLA only
- Dragon Law Enforcement version 14
You can update or upgrade to Dragon version 15.1 automatically. You do not need to uninstall your existing version first. Dragon retains your custom words and commands, though you may choose to export them to create a backup copy.
To update or upgrade to version 15.1, do the following.
When you update or upgrade Dragon automatically, the update/upgrade process removes the previous version from your computer. . Consider exporting your user profiles to create a backup copy in case you need to re-install the previous version.
To export your user profiles:
- Start Dragon.
- From the DragonBar, select Profile>Manage User Profiles.
- Select the user profile you want to export.
- Select Advanced>Export.
- Navigate to the export destination folder.
- Click OK.
For more information on exporting user profiles and default user profile locations, see the following KnowledgeBase article:
Do not export your user profiles to a folder in the NaturallySpeaking15 directory. If you uninstall Dragon, the uninstallation process deletes this directory.
- Close any open programs.
- If you’re running an anti-virus program, turn it off until the installation completes.
- Do one of the following:
- Insert the DVD. The installation begins immediately.
Dragon.exe, then double-click to run the installer. The installation begins immediately and the requested files are downloaded and installed.
If the installation does not start automatically, browse to
setup.exe on the DVD and double-click to run it.
You may need to restart the computer after installing the .NET Framework.
- If you selected the Advanced check box, installation directory, click Change.
- Browse to the directory where you want to install Dragon.
- Click Next.
The installation begins.
11/28/2017 2:51 PM