Dragon Release notes—version 15.3
This topic describes fixed issues, update instructions, and known issues for the following Dragon products:
- Dragon Professional Group
- Dragon Legal Group
- Dragon Law Enforcement
For the Dragon version 15 release notes, see Dragon Group Release notes.
Microsoft Office issues
- Slow performance and hang issues no longer occur.
- In Outlook, "Command <text>" commands (for example, "Correct Smythe") no longer stop working after a user adds a signature or image to an email message.
- Jumping cursor issues no longer occur.
Replying to an email in the reading pane no longer closes the reading pane unexpectedly, leaving the reply stored in the Drafts folder
- Dragon no longer causes Office applications to fail.
- Loss of Full Text Control or focus no longer occurs in Office applications.
- Dictation no longer stops working in Office applications.
- Office applications, Dragon, and Citrix no longer fail when switching between Office Applications in a Citrix environment or when the Dragon add-in is enabled.
- The "Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call" error message no longer occurs during dictation in Microsoft Word 2010.
- PowerMic settings no longer reset to the default settings after transcription. Dragon now properly retains your custom settings.
A new Dragon Professional Web Extension is now available for Firefox to allow you to dictate into standard HTML edit controls and use Full Text Control to select, modify, and correct your dictated text in browser-based applications.
To install the new extension, open Firefox after installing Dragon version 15.3. Follow the installation instructions in the prompt that appears.
For more information, see Installing and enabling the Dragon Professional Web Extension.
- When Dragon is running in Tray Icon mode and you attempt to re-launch the application, Dragon now simply restores the DragonBar to its regular size.
- When you upgrade a version 13 user profile, the Choose a Microphone screen no longer appears each time you add a dictation source, unplug your first dictation source, and re-open your user profile.
- When you open a user profile in the Open User dialog box, the last used dictation source is now opened by default.
- When two different users access the same Roaming User profile at different times, an internal error no longer occurs.
- The command "Correct <text> through <text>" now works appropriately for the Canadian English region (eng-CAN).
- It is no longer possible to dictate in read-only fields.
- Playback now continues working appropriately when you dictate in Microsoft Word and then switch between applications or put Dragon to sleep.
You can update to Dragon version 15.3 from the following versions:
- Dragon Professional Group, version 15.0 or 15.1, VLA
- Dragon Legal Group, version 15.0 or 15.1, VLA (ENX and DEU only)
- Dragon Law Enforcement (ENX only)
- Obtain the 15.3 service pack installation file from Technical Support.
- Close any open programs.
- If you’re running an anti-virus program, turn it off until the installation completes.
DPG15DOT3VLA.exefile to run the installer.
The installation dialog box appears.
- Select your language when prompted, and then click OK.
- Follow the prompts that appear.
- Click Update to begin the installation.
- When the installation completes, click Finish.
|Repair option not possible after installing 15.3 service pack||
If you select the Repair option in the Windows Control Panel after installing the version 15.3 service pack, an error occurs, and the installation is rolled back.
Workaround: Reinstall the service pack, or uninstall version 15.3, then re-install version 15, then version 15.3.
7/10/2020 6:49 AM