Dragon Group 15.6 Release notes
Optional Google Analytics usage data collection
Previously, Dragon's optional Data Collection feature sent transcripts and audio data from your Dragon user profiles to Nuance through a scheduled task. In this release, audio data collection has been discontinued, and usage data is collected using Google Analytics.
Enabling the User Experience Collection feature collects Google Analytics metrics on how you use Dragon. Our researchers analyze the anonymized data to prioritize features and improve the performance and usability of future Dragon releases. This also leads to improved technical support and online help. No personal information is ever collected, and you can stop participating at any time.
If enabled, metrics are collected continually. As a result, the option to configure the scheduled task for Data Collection has been removed from the Administrative Settings>Scheduled Tasks tab.
You can opt in or out of User Experience Collection when you create your user profile, or at any time later on the Options dialog box—Data page.
For more information, see About User Experience Collection.
Dragon log improvements
The Roaming user failure message in the Dragon log has been improved. The message now contains more detailed information to help troubleshoot Roaming user issues.
System optimizations have been made to improve Dragon's security and resiliency.
Minimum: 2.2 GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
|Free hard disk space
|Supported operating systems
The following issues have been resolved in version 15.6.1.
- Dragon no longer terminates unexpectedly when you dictate MouseGrid commands without pausing before the number sequence.
Microsoft Outlook issues
- Dragon no longer terminates unexpectedly when both the STP software add-in and Outlook add-in are active.
- When you create a desktop shortcut and use Dragon to open it, the file now opens successfully.
- When you install Dragon using the Administrator account and a user logs into Dragon, their Roaming user profiles are no longer incorrectly stored in the %localappdata% path for the administrator. They are now stored in the %localappdata% path for the user.
The default hot key to transfer text from the Dictation Box to an application has changed. Previously, the default value was CTRL-Shift-T. In this release, the value is now Alt-T.
The Help has been updated to reflect this change.
- A connection error no longer occurs when you attempt to save an archive file in the Dragon Support Packager tool.
For Dragon to analyze your Yahoo mail using the Learn From Sent Emails functionality, you must first generate a unique Yahoo password to use with Dragon. Do the following:
- Sign-in to your Yahoo account and open your Yahoo account security page: Account > Account Info > Account Security.
- From the Account Security page, click Generate App password.
- Click Select your app > Other App and type the name Dragon.This will generate a password - make sure to copy the password for the next step.
- Use this password and your Yahoo email address to sign in to your email app when prompted on the Learn from sent e-mail screen.
For more information, see https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html.
You can update to Dragon version 15.6—service pack from the following version:
- 15.5 (ENX, FRA, DEU, ITA, ESP, NLD)
Updating Dragon—Service Pack
Use these instructions to install version 15.6—service pack if you are an existing Dragon Professional Group, Dragon Legal Group, or Dragon Law Enforcement customer currently on Dragon version 15.5 (ENX, FRA, DEU, ITA, ESP, NLD) ). You do not need to uninstall your current version of Dragon before installing the new version. The installation process installs your new version automatically.
Do the following to update Dragon.
- Obtain the 15.6 service pack from the Nuance Network portal.
- Close any open programs.
- If you’re running an anti-virus program, turn it off until the installation completes.
- Double-click the
DPG15DOT6VLA.exefile to run the installer.
Select your language when prompted, and then click OK.
The update wizard opens.
The update process begins.
- When the update completes, click Finish.
You can upgrade to Dragon version 15.6—full build from the following versions:
You can also use these instructions if you are a new Dragon customer installing Dragon for the first time.
Dragon version 15.6—full build is supported only for ENX and DEU.
Updating Dragon—Full Build
- Close any open programs.
- Do one of the following:
- Insert the DVD. The installation begins immediately.
Dragon.exe, then double-click to run the installer. The installation begins immediately and the requested files are downloaded and installed.
Install the Microsoft .NET Framework if prompted.
You may need to restart the computer after installing the .NET Framework.
- Install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Runtime if prompted.
- In the Dragon InstallShield wizard, click Next to begin the Dragon installation.
- Read the license terms and click the radio button to indicate you agree to the terms.
- Click Next to proceed to the next screen.
Click Next at the product serial number screen.
Dragon pre-populates this automatically.
- Select your region and, optionally, select the Advanced check box to change the installation directory.
- Click Next.
If you selected the Advanced check box, do the following:
- Click Change to modify the installation directory.
- Browse to the directory where you want to install Dragon, and then click OK.
- Select the check box next to any option you want to change.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
If the installation does not start automatically, browse to
setup.exe on the DVD and double-click to run it.
The installation begins.
If you selected check boxes next to options in the Advanced screen, a screen appears, allowing you to customize these settings.
If your anti-virus program blocks Dragon's installation, turn it off and then restart the installation. Turn it back on when the installation completes successfully.
Several NLP commands not working correctly in Microsoft Office version 2019
Some NLP commands do not work in Microsoft Word version 2019. For example, "Send an Email" or "Send Document as Email".
Google Docs not getting uploaded using VocTool
When you select the Add Google Docs option in the VocTool and attempt to provide your Google login credentials, a script error occurs.
Learn from specific documents not working with Google Docs
When you select the Add Google Docs option in Learn from sent emails and attempt to sign in with your Google credentials, sign in error occurs.
Correction menu and disambiguation markers appear smaller when using 3840 x 2160 resolution
When you are using a monitor that supports high resolution like 3840 x 2160 and you say "Correct <word>" in Microsoft Word, the Correction menu and disambiguation markers appear significantly smaller.
Only one absolute path can be specified when deploying Dragon with Roaming user via MSI
When you deploy Dragon with the Roaming user functionality via an MSI, the user directory that you specify in
Accuracy Tuning window appears repeatedly after exiting Dragon and an abnormal termination might occur when running accuracy tuning.
When you launch Accuracy Tuning, the window can appear repeatedly after you exit and re-launch Dragon. This occurs only on 32-bit systems.
We do not recommend running ACO/LMO in this case, because it may result in an application crash when running accuracy tuning.
Application termination can occur when running Accuracy Tuning
On rare occasions, Dragon can terminate unexpectedly when you run Accuracy Tuning.
Workaround: Do not run acoustic optimization and language model optimization if you are using a 32-bit computer running Windows 7 or 10.
Errors may occur and DragonBar might get disabled when switching from standalone roaming to NMS mode
If you are switching from standalone roaming profiles to NMS mode and login with previously used credentials for NMS, messages may appear and the Dragon bar may become unresponsive.
Workaround: Kill the natspeak.exe and dragonbar.exe processes and re-launch Dragon
This is not an issue when logging into NMS with brand new user credentials that were not used before
Check Dragon SDK applications
Prior to version 15.5, user profiles were located in the
If you are using Dragon as a run-time with any Dragon SDK applications you have created:
3/11/2021 9:04 AM