No more typing,
no more pain
Give your wrists a rest without giving up your computer. With Dragon speech recognition, just speak and the words appear on your screen, instantly.
End the pain of typing once and for all
Give your wrists a rest
Repetitive stress issues like carpal tunnel make the things other people take for granted impossible for you. Like typing up a report, completing a spreadsheet or sending an email. That takes a more permanent solution than a wrist brace. What you need to do is stop typing and start talking.
Use your computer, pain-free
Dragon turns your voice into text, transcribing up to 160 words a minute. Just speak and the words appear on the computer screen, instantly. So you can do what you need to without touching your keyboard or mouse.
Dragon in action
Stop the pain and frustration of typing, and use your voice to create and edit documents, send email and more.
Control your mouse. Using commands such as “move mouse lower left” and “mouse double-click”, you have the ability to create a mouse click action – simply by speaking.
Control your desktop applications. At any time, use your voice to open an item located on your desktop. For instance, to open a folder called “projects”, simply say “Open projects".
Control your keyboard. With commands like “press enter”, "press escape” or “press down”, you have the ability to execute a keystroke – with your spoken words.
Limit manual actions. If you need to make a calculation such as “search Google for 87 divided by 52”, that entails a lot of uncomfortable keystrokes. Simply tell Dragon and it searches for you.
Which Dragon is right for you?
Find out if Dragon speech recognition works on your computer.
- RAM: Minimum 4GB
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor.Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 8GB
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome for Online Help
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A noise-cancelling microphone is necessary for good results. Modern laptops generally include a noise-cancelling microphone that can be used with Dragon. Consult a Dragon Partner or reseller for recommendations for a noise-cancelling microphone suitable for speech recognition. Nuance does not certify microphones for use with Dragon.
- An Internet connection for product download and automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
- Note: Does not support dictation into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Practice Edition.
- RAM: We recommend minimum 2GB for 32-bit Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10; 4GB for 64-bit Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 10.
- CPU: We recommend minimum 2.2GHz Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Note: Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Processor cache: We recommend minimum 2MB L2 cache (minimum: 512KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 4GB. If installing from a download, three times as much space is initially needed (After the download is unpacked and installation completes, temporary files can be removed from the system.)
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 8 and 8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 Standard Edition, 64-bit
- Internet Explorer® 9 or higher or the current version of Chrome™ or Firefox® to view the software’s online help (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- A DVD-ROM drive for installation
- A Nuance-approved microphone. See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information.
- An Internet connection for automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)
- Note: Supports Microsoft® Office 2010 and 2013. Does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Dragon will never leave you speechless.