The Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu (PSSJD) Hospital eliminates paper copies of clinical records thanks to Nuance AutoStore
The Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu (PSSJD) Hospital is a nonprofit organization and part of the Sant Joan de Déu Hospital Organization. It was created in 2009 upon the merger of two distinct companies: Sant Joan de Déu Mental Health Services (1895) and the Sant Boi Regional Hospital (1978). PSSJD is a network of healthcare, teaching, and research services, consisting of two main areas: general hospital and mental health.
Download success story (pdf. Open a new window) View all success stories (Open a new window)
“ Launching AutoStore at PSSJD has been a smooth process of change, but at the same time it has proved revolutionary in terms of the results we have obtained. We have significantly changed the way our staff work, without encountering any problems or hitches, and all without exceeding the budgetary limitations of this institution. It has been an essential investment, at a very reasonable cost. ”
Pere Serrat Quintana
Parc Sanitari Sant Joan de Déu Hospital
- To eliminate paper copies of clinical records with the aim of becoming a “paperless hospital”
- To find a healthcare document management tool that would enable the institution to start with a small project, but one that could grow and adapt to new, more ambitious requirements
- To guarantee the security of data protection for patients
- To streamline the archiving process and accessibility to all kinds of documents
- To eliminate the movement and loaning of clinical records from the archives
- Install Nuance AutoStore software on scanners to digitize all paper documentation quickly and efficiently
- Optimization of time required to digitize clinical records and other documents for PSSJD
- Better accessibility to both old and new patient data, with a clearly improved workflow
- Guaranteed security of data protection for patients through better healthcare document management
- Cost savings on transport and the digitization process of the center’s documents
- Preparation for a second phase of Nuance AutoStore software installation in other areas of the hospital, such as accounting and human resources, thanks to the success of the clinical record digitization process
- PSSJD was looking for a software solution to transform the way their staff worked, moving away from paper as a work tool, to the digital format. This shift would offer many advantages and improvements relating to data protection, accessibility, universality, and efficiency in clinical practice.
- PSSJD installed Nuance AutoStore and it's now a totally comprehensive and normalized tool within the clinical workstation. The healthcare document management tool is currently used by 10 members of staff who work in the digitization division, while its results benefit every single staff member across all the different centers of the institution. Nuance AutoStore is being used with three distinct types of clinical documentation: informed consents, patient documentation originating from other health centers, and clinical records that are currently in paper format. Furthermore, all these processes have been carried out without the need to take on any additional staff.
- Nuance AutoStore has enabled PSSJD to digitize many of its documents, with significant cost savings. On the one hand, savings are made on transporting clinical records. Previously, more than 1,450 records per day needed to be transported by a truck, which made three to five journeys every day. Now, this has been reduced to one journey per day, to transport the documents which are being digitized on a daily basis. On the other hand, this new process has been introduced to the institution without occasioning any additional staff costs.
- View all success stories(Open a new window)