The User Guide, which covers all product editions, provides details on installation, optional settings, voice commands and dictation of different types of text. The guide also includes tips and notes to help you use the software more effectively.
Be sure to also take advantage of our illustrated workbook. For the latest technical details, please see the KnowledgeBase.
- Dragon Individual Installation Guide v15.6
- Dragon Group Client Installation Guide v15.6
- Dragon Group Client Installation Guide v15.5
- Dragon Group Configuration and Client Installation v15 (PDF)
- Dragon Individual, v14 User Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Professional for Mac, v6 User Guide (PDF)
- Dragon 13 User Guide
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 Client Help
- User guides for older versions of Dragon
Bluetooth Wireless Headset Guides
- We recommend plugging the Bluetooth microphone’s dongle (wireless adaptor) into your computer before you open Dragon.
- While the Calisto II's headset is charging, its indicator light glows solid red, but once the headset is fully charged, this light goes off.
- The headset does not automatically power on. Once the headset is charged and paired to its dongle, you must power it up by holding its button for about 6 seconds (it then emits 4 ascending beeps), then pressing it for 1 second to activate its radio link to its dongle
This video includes how to charge and power up the headset, as well as turn on the connection to its USB wireless adapter. It also covers how to check the “recording device” settings in the Windows Control Panel.
Quick Start Cards
The Quick Start Card helps you quickly install and activate Dragon.
For documentation of non-English Dragon products, visit our international web sites.
The Dragon Command Guide provides a two-page list of the most commonly used voice commands so that you can control your PC and individual applications by voice.
- Dragon Professional Individual Command Sheet
- Dragon Legal Group and Individual Command Sheet
- Using Dragon with Microsoft Word – Dragon can be used for far more than basic dictation. You can use your voice for complete command and control of your computer. Common commands can be particularly helpful when working with Microsoft Word. This guide summarizes common commands to help you boost your productivity when creating documents in Word.
- Using Dragon with Microsoft Excel - Dragon provides a number of natural language commands to use with Microsoft Excel. Using these commands, you can avoid the multiple menu-selection and mouse-movement steps associated with the traditional Microsoft Windows interface.
Dragon for the PC
- Dragon Professional Individual Datasheet
- Dragon Professional Group Brief
- Dragon Legal Individual Datasheet
- Dragon Legal Group Brief
- Dragon Law Enforcement Datasheet
- Nuance Management Center Datasheet
- Dragon Enterprise Solutions
- Dragon Anywhere
- Dragon Anywhere Group
- Title: How to Install Dragon NaturallySpeaking Software Update
- This video walks you through a software update to Dragon NaturallySpeaking, including milestones during installation and important reminders for the process to be successful.
- This video covers the installation process, as the software walks you through a series of screens; this includes activation, a short, anonymous step.
- Title: Using the Calisto II Bluetooth wireless microphone with Dragon
- The Calisto II is a Bluetooth microphone made by Plantronics for use with Dragon. This video includes how to charge and power up the headset, as well as turn on the connection to its USB wireless adapter. It also covers how to check the “recording device” settings in the Windows Control Panel.
- Title: Using the "original" Calisto wireless microphone with Dragon
- NOTE: The Dragon editions that support Bluetooth use editions Premium/Preferred and higher.
- Title: Creating a User Profile
- To keep all the data it needs to best work with each individual, Dragon uses a set of files which together form a User Profile. This video shows how to create a User Profile that best reflects your voice, audio environment, and audio input device(s); it also introduces important tools Dragon can use to quickly learn how to best recognize what you dictate.
- Title: Moving the Insertion Point within Editable Text
- Title: Using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with Email
- In addition to dictating, Dragon can be used for many email-related actions such as opening, replying to, forwarding and deleting messages. This video includes launching the default email program, checking for new mail, and creating a new message, and uses Microsoft Outlook Express as an example. editionEditions “Professional” and above
- This video covers the creation of custom commands of the type “Text-and-Graphics”, which lets you pre-define content for Dragon to enter whenever you utter the command. This “boilerplate” can include graphics (logos, maps, signatures…) as well as blank lines and formatting. Simple to create, these commands can quickly add to the benefits of dictating: speed, convenience, consistency...
- Note: "Text-and-Graphics" commands are available in editions "Preferred" and higher.
Note: Once the video opens, you can use its menu to jump to particular sections, and its icons at the bottom to pause, maximize the screen, etc.
- Nuance Management Center Server Installation and Configuration Guide (cloud) v2021.1
- Nuance Management Center Server Installation and Configuration Guide (on-premise) v2021.1
- Nuance Management Center Administrator Guide v2021.1
- Nuance Management Center User Provisioning and Deprovisioning v2021.1
- Dragon Group Professional Group Nuance Management Center Administration Guide v6.5 (PDF)
- Dragon Professional Group Nuance Management Center Installation Guide Cloud v6.5 (PDF)
- Dragon Professional Group Nuance Management Center Installation Guide Onprem v6.5 (PDF)
- Dragon Group Citrix Administrator Guide v15.6 (PDF)
- Dragon Group Citrix Administrator Guide v15.5 (PDF)
- Dragon Group Server Installation and Configuration Guide v15.5 (PDF)
- Dragon Group Nuance Management Center Server Installation and Configuration Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Group Configuration and Client Installation (PDF)
- Dragon Group Nuance Management Center Administrator Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Group 14 Citrix Administration Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Law Enforcement 14 Citrix Administration Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Group 15 Citrix Administration Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Law Enforcement 15 Citrix Administration Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Professional Individual Administrator's Guide (DPF)
- Dragon Anywhere Group Administrative Getting Started Guide (PDF)
- Dragon 14 Administrator's Guide (PDF)
- Dragon 13.5 Guide (PDF)
- Dragon 13 Administrator's Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 Client Installation Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 Nuance Management Center Administrator Guide (PDF)
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 Citrix Administrator Guide (PDF). US only.
- Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 Nuance Management Console Guidelines for Distributors (PDF)
- Dragon Group Citrix Admin Guide v15.4 (PDF)