AI-powered intelligence from the first word to the last code
The increasing pressure to produce timely and accurate documentation demands a new generation of tools that complement patient care rather than compete with it. Powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning, Nuance conversational AI and ambient clinical intelligence solutions build on over three decades of clinical expertise to slash documentation time in half while improving quality by 47-63% and clinician satisfaction by 90%.
The exam of the future has arrived
Ambient clinical intelligence (ACI)—a comprehensive, AI-powered, voice-enabled solution—uses ambient sensing technology to securely listen to clinician-patient encounter conversations while offering workflow and knowledge automation to complement the EHR. Exceeding the capabilities of a virtual or on-site scribe, the Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX), innovated by Nuance and Microsoft, promotes a better patient experience by accurately capturing and appropriately contextualizing every word of the patient encounter and automatically documenting patient care without taking the physician's attention off the patient.
A history of innovation. A future of promise.
Ambient clinical intelligence allows a patient and a doctor to be a patient and a doctor like it used to be. For both in person and telehealth visits, discover how the Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX) allows physicians and patients to connect as human beings, with the added benefit of saving time, preserving the patient experience, and eliminating after‑hours work.
For decades, Nuance has been a pioneer in speech recognition. And today, powered by advances in the cloud and cognitive computing, Nuance speech solutions push for unprecedented accuracy through breakthroughs in artificial intelligence and deep learning. Recognized by Forbes as one of 10 hot artificial intelligence technologies, our speech recognition capability builds a profile based on just a few seconds of speech from the user. It even adapts over time to account for the user having a cold, using a different microphone, or moving from one environment to the next. The result: fewer errors, more responsive performance, higher quality, and unmatched confidence.
Give your care teams the benefit of capturing all the necessary patient information and documentation details—right at the point of care. Nuance’s next-generation Computer-Assisted Physician Documentation (CAPD) uses artificial intelligence to provide real‑time clinical documentation improvement (CDI) guidance within their natural workflow. This cloud‑based solution ensures consistent recommendations and drives everything from appropriate reimbursement to compliance with regulatory requirements to improved quality outcomes—all while reducing distracting retrospective queries.
To help Clinical Documentation Specialists (CDS) with worklist triage through automated encounter prioritization, Nuance's CDE One solution uses artificial intelligence to analyze clinical information and immediately uncover opportunities to further clarify documentation. This assistive technology with real‑time clinical guidance and workflow management improves productivity, freeing CDSs to use their knowledge and skills to focus on more complex cases, review additional cases and expand payer coverage.
Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms are rapidly becoming essential tools for radiologists. Not only can they automate routine tasks, but they have the potential to amplify human intelligence—enhancing the skills, experience, and clinical role of radiologists themselves and advancing the quality of patient care. At Nuance, we continue to advance the capabilities of our Precision Imaging Network, PowerScribe One and Workflow Orchestration solutions, mPower Clinical Analytics and the cloud‑based PowerShare Network for image sharing and open access to future clinical innovation.
Nuance AI in action
See how Nuance solutions powered by deep learning and AI are helping clinicians turn their chairs back to focusing on the patient instead of technology.
Learn how Nuance healthcare solutions harness artificial intelligence for more accurate speech‑to‑text precision and better content extraction.
What makes ambient intelligence even stronger is the AI expertise leveraged from millions of people and thousands of organizations that rely on Nuance AI in their cars, throughout financial institutions, and across the world’s leading consumer brands.
Building on the intelligence your clinicians already have
To produce near-flawless documentation and radiology reports at the point-of-care, Nuance solutions are powered by artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning. As a result, healthcare organizations are enjoying far higher productivity and satisfaction, superior performance against benchmarks, improvements to reimbursement and, most important, better clinical outcomes for their patients.
Exceeding the capabilities of a virtual or on-site scribe, the Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience (DAX), innovated by Nuance and Microsoft, promotes a better patient experience by accurately capturing and appropriately contextualizing every word of the patient encounter and automatically documenting patient care without taking the physician's attention off the patient.
Dragon Medical One is a conversational AI workflow assistant and documentation companion that provides secure, convenient, and comprehensive clinical documentation support from pre‑charting through post‑encounter. It empowers users with next‑level voice capabilities that aid, assist, and advise documentation workflows through a flexible and modern architecture with remarkable responsiveness and resiliency.
Improve CDI team efficiency, communication, and insight with CDE One. Nuance’s cloud-based documentation guidance software offers CDI workflow and clarification management, code search, MS/APR-DRG capabilities and program analytics that create the core foundation of a successful CDI program.
Transform the radiology reading experience with PowerScribe One. An all‑new, user‑centric design and countless workflow enhancements make PowerScribe One a game‑changer. It harnesses AI, cloud‑powered technology, and real‑time structured data to bring you new levels of efficiency, accuracy, quality, and performance.
The Nuance Precision Imaging Network (PIN) is the only network of its kind and built on proven diagnostic imaging solutions used by over 80% of U.S. radiologists. With more than 10,000 connected healthcare facilities, it uses workflow integrated AI to deliver real‑time clinical intelligence to multiple imaging stakeholders.
- Ambient clinical intelligence technology addresses priority concerns for physicians(Open a new window)
- How to alleviate physician burnout: 5 tips that can help(Open a new window)
- The difference between ambient clinical intelligence and ambition (Open a new window)
- Keeping patients front and center with telehealth and ambient intelligence “helpers”(Open a new window)
- The critical importance of keeping patients front and center in the healthcare IT space(Open a new window)
- Microsoft and Nuance join forces in quest to help doctors turn their focus back to patients(Open a new window)
- Healthcare and the wisdom of people around us (Open a new window)
- How AI-driven CDI programs give people more of what we need most: time(Open a new window)
- Nuance and Microsoft Announce the Integration of Dragon Ambient eXperience and Microsoft Teams for Virtual Telehealth Consults(Open a new window)
- Monument Health Chooses Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience to Transform Physician-Patient Encounters with Ambient Clinical Intelligence(Open a new window)
- Cooper University Health Care Adopts Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience to Transform Physician-Patient Encounters(Open a new window)
- Nuance Launches Dragon Ambient eXperience for Telehealth Compatible with Any Telehealth Platform(Open a new window)
- American Medical Association and Nuance Partner to Pilot Innovations in the Drive to Prevent Physician Burnout from Documentation Overload(Open a new window)
- Nuance Announces the General Availability of Ambient Clinical Intelligence(Open a new window)
- Nuance and Microsoft partner to transform the doctor-patient experience(Open a new window)
- Nuance Unveils AI-Powered Exam Room Where Clinical Documentation Writes Itself
- Nuance Expands Vision and Capabilities for Next Generation AI Powered Virtual Assistants for Healthcare(Open a new window)
- Nuance and Microsoft Integrate DAX into Microsoft Teams to Improve Telehealth(Open a new window)
- Ambient? Or Ambition? What To Look For In A Real-World Ambient Clinical Intelligence Solution(Open a new window)
- Digitize admin tasks to reduce staff burdens(Open a new window)
- Will Ambient Voice Tech Be the Tip of the Spear for Artificial Intelligence in the Near-Term?(Open a new window)
- The Auto Documentation Telehealth Solution Will Be a Big Winner(Open a new window)
- HIStalk Interviews Joe Petro, CTO, Nuance(Open a new window)
- Ambient Clinical Intelligence Improves Physician EHR Workflows(Open a new window)
- How AI in the Exam Room Could Reduce Physician Burnout(Open a new window)
- How voice recognition technology has evolved(Open a new window)
- At Vanderbilt, Electronic Health Records Are Beginning To Talk Back(Open a new window)
- Nuance’s AI makeover to clinical documentation takes exam room to the future(Open a new window)
- Nuance Beats Competitors to Ambient Computing in the Clinic(Open a new window)
- ‘Wired into the walls’: Voice-recognition system promises to automate data entry during office visits(Open a new window)
- How Conversational AI Can Help Cure Physician Burnout(Open a new window)
- HIMSS: How Nuance is Revolutionizing Healthcare with Advanced AI (Open a new window)
- The exam room of the future: Nuance unveils AI‑based clinical documentation product at HIMSS(Open a new window)
- Nuance Unveils AI‑Powered Exam Room Where Clinical Documentation Writes Itself(Open a new window)
- Nuance Unveils AI‑Driven ‘Ambient Clinical Intelligence’ Solution at HIMSS(Open a new window)
- Nuance Launches New Category of AI‑Powered Healthcare Information Technology(Open a new window)
- HIS Talk Dr. Jayne discusses ambient clinical intelligence (Open a new window)