Automatically document care with the Dragon Ambient eXperience
Enhance quality of care and the patient experience, increase provider efficiency and satisfaction, and improve financial outcomes with the Dragon Ambient eXperience (Nuance DAX), an ambient clinical intelligence solution that automatically documents patient encounters accurately and efficiently at the point of care.
Reduce administrative burdens
See how the latest in AI can move the conversation back to the forefront with clinical documentation that writes itself—all within the EHR.
Industry‑leading ambient clinical intelligence solution featured in the 2022 KLAS Emerging Solutions Top 20 Report.
2022 Stevie Award cites Nuance’s ability to provide a complete solution and DAX’s impact as incredible.
KLAS Spotlight validates DAX’s ability to ease clinical documentation burden and strengthen patient‑physician relationship.
saved per encounter, reducing documentation time by 50%
reduction in feelings of burnout and fatigue
physicians state DAX improves documentation quality
of patients say their physician is more personable and conversational
Evaluating the ROI of DAX at WellSpan Health
WellSpan Health and Nuance collaborated on a study to evaluate the impact of DAX on healthcare. The findings of the study are significant and wide‑ranging—from increases in access to care fueled by additional throughput, reductions in clinician burnout and cognitive load and improvements in the patient experience.
The many benefits of DAX
DAX positively impacts the healthcare experience—from the waiting room, the exam room and after clinic.
Clinicians are freed from the medical documentation burden:
- Appointments run on time
- Clinicians can focus on patients while the full patient story is captured automatically
- Clinicians have free time after clinic to spend time however they choose
DAX is a comprehensive, AI‑powered, voice‑enabled, Ambient Clinical Intelligence (ACI) Solution
DAX automatically documents patient encounters accurately and efficiently at the point of care. Exceeding the capabilities of a virtual or on‑site scribe, DAX scales across your organization to deliver better healthcare experiences for providers and patients.
Clinicians engage in natural conversation with patients and other family members while a dedicated mobile app securely captures the conversation at the point of care, allowing providers to connect with patients without having to use explicit voice commands.
Converts encounter conversations into comprehensive clinical notes tailored to each specialty that adhere to documentation standards, reducing the burden of compliance expertise, and enabling appropriate coding.
Integrates subject matter expertise and clinical knowledge with real‑world experience to produce high‑value, adaptable, cross‑specialty documentation. Accommodates multiple documentation formats and templates.
AI‑generated notes go through a brief quality review process before being delivered to the clinician for signature in the EHR. DAX's AI learns the patterns of each provider over time creating an AI learning loop for continuous improvement.
Integrates with electronic healthcare record systems to pull out patient context, deliver the final note, and enable care teams to complete a growing list of tasks in real time with virtual assistants.
Use for telehealth and office settings in ambulatory specialties, urgent care and primary care to scale more efficiently within your healthcare organization.
Discover how to improve care quality, boost efficiency, and reduce physician burnout with the Dragon Ambient eXperience.Join a virtual demo
Video case studies
At the University of Michigan Health‑West, providers and patients report more engaging encounters with less distraction from administrative tasks using Nuance DAX.
Kristy Gleaton, Director of Operations at Thomas Eye Group, shares how DAX is improving efficiencies and the patient experience enabling them to reallocate scribes.
Dr. Sharmin, a Family Care Medicine Specialist at WellSpan health, shares how DAX is helping to expand access to care, and improve quality of care and the patient experience.
For Cooper University Healthcare, Nuance DAX is a unique accelerator for their mission with a number of benefits. Hear from Dr. Jack Shilling, Orthopedic Surgeon and Interim Medical Director.
Learn how innovative technology will shape 21st‑century healthcare and why organizations need to embrace these solutions to help physicians’ enhance patient care, improve physician satisfaction and increase operational efficiencies.
Discover how to take control of financial outcomes with ambient clinical intelligence.
Captures, converts, and comprehends
Harness the power of the latest AI innovations to transform healthcare with DAX. DAX securely captures the patient‑physician conversation and automatically converts the clinically relevant content into a clinical note for review and signature in the EHR.
DAX and Dragon Medical One for all your charting needs
Nuance DAX extends the power of Dragon Medical One with the latest advancement in AI to create a fully voice‑enabled and ambient exam room environment in ambulatory settings. Dragon Medical One, the #1 rated conversational AI workflow assistant and documentation companion, enables clinicians to create documentation and navigate workflows using just their voice in all clinical settings.
Groundbreaking Nuance DAX Express is the next milestone in an expanding portfolio of solutions combining OpenAI's GPT‑4 with proven workflow‑integrated technology to define the future of intelligence‑infused healthcare experiences.Discover more
- How OrthoIndy uses ambient clinical intelligence to boost efficiency and reduce costs(Open a new window)
- Ambient clinical intelligence (ACI) – what it is and why you need it(Open a new window)
- Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience ranked #1 for improving clinician experience(Open a new window)
- The antidote to the burnout pandemic(Open a new window)
- University of Michigan Health‑West restores the joy of medicine with ambient clinical intelligence(Open a new window)
- Offsetting the looming physician shortage(Open a new window)
- Improving financial performance with the Dragon Ambient eXperience(Open a new window)
- Scale and efficiency—why AI makes more sense than medical scribes(Open a new window)
- Automating clinical workflows with AI(Open a new window)
- Offsetting the looming physician shortage
- Boost satisfaction and reduce physician burnout in Neurology(pdf. Open a new window)
- Sub‑optimal patient‑physician experiences negatively impact everyone(pdf. Open a new window)
- The antidote to the burnout pandemic(pdf. Open a new window)
- Orthopedic surgeon shortage looms while demand for services increase
- Reduce administrative burdens and attract and retain primary care physicians
- Move beyond scribes to automatically document care
- Clinicians agree that AI-powered technologies improve their ability to provide quality care(pdf. Open a new window)
- Healthcare Virtual Assistants(pdf. Open a new window)
- Using AI to Address the Burden of Documentation(pdf. Open a new window)
- For physicians, burnout is at an all-time high. The right tools could help.(Open a new window)
- How Voice Tech Will Change Healthcare Delivery(pdf. Open a new window)
- The Promise of AI(pdf. Open a new window)
- HIStalk Interviews Hal Baker, MD, SVP/CDO/CIO, WellSpan Health(Open a new window)
- Nuance and Cerner Working to Improve Clinician and Patient Experiences(Open a new window)
- University of Michigan Health-West Expands Adoption of the Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience to Enhance Patient Care and Physician Satisfaction(Open a new window)
- SCL Health Enhances Patient-Provider Experiences and Maximizes EHR Value with Nuance Dragon Ambient eXperience(Open a new window)
- View all press releases(Open a new window)